This session provides an overview of the Google Apps for Education (GAFE) ecosystem and how it differs from a personal Google account. Also to covered, how to get GAFE rolling in your school or district. A brief demo of the GAFE admin panel will be included.
Links included in the presentation:
- Common Questions
- Guide to Going Google
- Deployment Guide
- Technical Transition Guide
- IT Guide
- Introductory Course
- Advanced Implementating Google Apps Lesson
- Change Management Guide
- Chrome Apps for Google Apps for Education
- Chrome and Chromebooks for Education Course
- Video Library – Google Education Hangouts on Air
- 40 Ways to Start Using Google Apps in Schools
- 32 Ways to Use GAFE Faculty / Staff
- Lakeland School System Zoing Map (made with Google Fusion Tables)
- New Visions Cloud Lab
- Google in Education Learning Center – Get Trained!
- Google in Education Learning Center – Get Certified!
- Google Educators Group West Tennessee
- More Google Educators Groups
- Google Apps for Education Google+ Community
- GAFE Admins Google+ Community
- Apps Scripts for Education – Builders and Users Google+ Community
- GAFE Summits by EdTech Team
- Tennessee GAFE Summit
- Twitter #gafesummit feed
- Website for #gafechat
- Admin Console Feature Map
- Wanda Terral on Google+
- Wanda Terral on Twitter
- West Tennessee Educational Technology Association Administrator’s Technology Academy, Henderson, TN. (January 20, 2015)
Recorded TwitCast of a few minutes of this session at the WTETA ATA.
Thanks, Dr. Monte Tatom!